Natural Superfoods Maca Powder 200g
Delivery prices are calculated automatically based on weight and delivery location. You can get a shipping estimate from the shopping cart prior to logging in and placing the order. Orders are posted within hours when in stock. If items are unavailable at time of delivery the customer will be notified via phone or email. Our preferred Courier is Couriers Please and MailPlus. We use Australia Post for P. O. Box deliveries and for Regional orders.
Benefits of Natural Superfoods Maca Powder:
- Contains a large array of macro and micro nutrients
- Fair trade and certified organic
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- Contains B group vitamins, vitamin C, and 19 amino acids
- Helps strengthen the body and support its natural balance and functions
- Promotes hormonal balance
- combats fatigue
- Increases energy & stamina
- Benefits the thyroid
- Boosts libido and fertility in both men & women
Immunomodulation, nutritious, anti-inflammation, dermato-regenerating, anti-stress, endocrinologic, impotence, vital, harmonizing
USE IN TRADITIONAL PERUVIAN MEDICINE:
- Skin issues
- Energy, nervous system, fatigue, supplementation of vitamins and minerals
- Energy, vitality, immunity
- Infertility, impotence, sexual disorders
- Menopause, male menopause, sexual disorders
- Memory, slowing down the ageing process
- Chronic fatigue, depression, stress
- Physical and mental exhaustion
- Bones, joints, and muscles
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE PLANT AND ITS PRESENCE
The Andean Maca is known all over the world as the plant that helps to get back the vital strength and improve the endurance. In the language of the Indians ‘Maca” means: “the high growing food that gives strength.
Maca grows in the Peruvian Andes at the altitude between 3500 and 4000 meters above the sea level, where the climatic conditions are very demanding, and prevent many plants from growing. Maca is able to withstand the harsh weather conditions such as frost, hail, snow, gale, or other factors typical for the High Andes. Maca can adapt to the harsh conditions and is able to grow there exceptionally well.
The plant itself is inconspicuous, it is merely 15 cm tall. Its long leaves are laid down on the ground in the shape of rosette, in order to prevent the damage of the stems in case of strong wind or hail. Its whole richness lays hidden underground in its bulb, which resembles a large radish or rather a small turnip, of the diameter 2-8cm. The bulbs can vary in the color of the skin: white, yellow, white/yellow, white/pink, red, purple, grey, or even black.
Maca had already been cultivated in cultures before the Incas, but the biggest growth to fame took place during the Inca Empire. Thanks to the richness of ingredients, and the wide range of properties it has always been a nutritious and also important trade item of the inhabitants of the High Andes. Because of its properties, Maca became food available and destined only for the highest social class.
There is an ancient Indian legend connected to Maca. As the legend has it, Maca is a gift from the Indian god Viracocha for the tired tribes living in extreme conditions: mountains which are hostile, harsh, and inaccessible. It was supposed to become the basis of their diet, the source of valuable ingredients that guarantee excellent health and long life. However, Viracocha, filled the gift with…something else. Maca was equipped with “something special”, the source of great vitality and the strength to spawn children to support the human species.
Indeed, Maca seems to be an incredible plant. It contains vitamins A, B1, B2, C and E, microelements such as iron, calcium, cuprum, zinc, magnesium, kalium, sodium, iodine, and also exogenous amino acids and sterols, as well as protein, carbohydrates, and fiber. When dried it can be stored a couple of years, while maintaining “everlasting youth”, and not losing a bit of its great properties. What is interesting, only Maca grown in the High Andes can maintain all those riches and properties. When cultivated in the lower regions (because of the easy access and better cultivating conditions, and also smaller cost), it does not contain all the beneficial qualities.
The usage of Maca is very broad, and it is based not only on traditional, but also on reliable scientific knowledge. Maca ia a truly exceptional plant, and Indians believed in its magic qualities. For sure, it is because of its adaptogenic properties, that allow the plant to adapt to a use of every gender or age.
If we summarize its properties the list would be impressive enough. Maca is used for regenerating the body, it brings back and strengthens the vitality, boosts immunology and soothes chronic fatigue. It enhances the functions of the immune system. It is used to fight with the lack of energy, tiredness, great physical and mental strain, crippling diseases, undernourishment, in the time of rapid growth, in the time of decreased body immunity, anemia, anorexia, cancers (it reduces the side effects of chemo and radiotherapy, it brings back the balance to the body), TB, osteoporosis and its prevention, syndrome of chronic tiredness, depression and neurosis, poor memory and the lack of concentration, it helps with maintaining good eyesight and hearing, it helps with sleeping problems, menopause and male menopause, hormonal disorders, menstrual periods disorder, impotence (it strengthens the libido and vital powers), infertility (both in women, and men), wounds that will not heal, hair loss, alcoholism, drug addiction. Moreover, it is gluten-free.
For a better orientation we have divided the beneficial effect and properties of Maca into the following categories:
MACA – WHAT IT CAN GIVE TO US…. OR WHAT WE CAN EXPECT OF IT
The clinical and laboratory research has confirmed the significant nutritious values of Maca, which has a very positive influence on functions of the body, vitality, the right mental and physical state, endurance, high immunity to stress, as well as the length and comfort of life. The interest in Maca is still growing all around the world.
MACA – REGENERATION OF THE ORGANISM AND REGAINING THE STRENGTH
• brings back and strengthens the vitality
• helps to maintain the hormonal balance
• boosts the body immunity, supports the immune system
• soothes depression, mental exhaustion, neurosis, chronic tiredness
• strengthens the brain efficiency
• improves the memory and learning ability
• reduces the influence of stressful factors
• helps to maintain muscles and bones in good state
• quickly brings back the strength in case of physical exhaustion
• reduces the effects of alcohol overdose
MACA – THE HARMONY AND THE HEALTH OF A WOMAN
• harmonizes the state of woman’s body
• regulates incorrect periods, it soothes the effects of PMS
• reduces the unpleasant effects of menopause, heat-waves, irritation, low concentration, the feeling of breakup, depressive mood
• supplies energy and mental comfort, helps with sleep disorders
• maintains the freshness of the body and skin, reduces the effects of ageing, brings back the vitality
• helps to maintain the hormonal balance
• prevents osteoporosis, helps with its treatment
MACA – THE HARMONY AND THE HEALTH OF A MAN
• boosts the immunity to stress
• helps to maintain the hormonal balance, increases the level of androgens
• improves the sexual condition, helps to maintain it in older age
• helps to maintain the bones in good state, prevents osteoporosis
• helps with impotence, boosts the libido
• supports the erection
• harmonizes the body during the male menopause
• helps to maintain the muscles in good condition
• noticeable improves the brain efficiency with white collar workers
• prevents the syndrome of chronic fatigue and burning-out
• slows down the process of ageing
MACA – THE HIGHER COMFORT OF LIFE FOR THE SENIORS
• supplies the body with minerals, amino acids, and vitamins
• strengthens self confidence, mental power and physical endurance
• maintains the strength of bones and muscles
• supports the sight and hearing
• refreshes the memory, improves the concentration
• soothes depression and the feeling of mental exhaustion
• slows down the process of ageing
MACA – THE INDISPENSABLE NUTRITION FOR THE SICK AND THE TIRED
• supports the pharmacological treatment of cancers and AIDS
• supports the treatment of anemia, TB, and anorexia
• provides good mood, fights with depression, mental exhaustion, neurosis, and chronic tiredness
• reduces the effects of chemo and radiotherapy, helps the body to recover faster
• speeds up the hair growth after chemotherapy
• helps to heal wounds
• prevents weight loss, helps to gain the weight back
• regenerates the body damaged by alcoholism, drug addiction, or excessive use of medicines
• strengthens the muscles
• has beneficial influence on bones, helps to prevent and treat osteoporosis
MACA – THE NATURAL APHRODISIAC AND THE HOPE FOR THE CHILDLESS
According to the Indians, Maca has the power of giving children to the childless couples.
• stimulates the sexual activity
• helps with impotence and indifference
• boosts the vitality and libido
• helps to treat infertility in both men and women
• regulates the work of hormones, boosts the production of sperm, and what is important, improves the quality of sperm
• supports the proper functioning of ovaries
MACA – NUTRITIOUS SUPPORT FOR CHILDREN AND TEENS
• supplies the body with minerals, amino acids, and vitamins
• prevents and helps to treat anemia (it is popular among anemic children who suffer from undernourishment)
• has beneficial influence on the proper development of skeletal system and muscle system in children during the growing up period
• is a source of substances that strengthen the built and the endurance of skeletal muscles
• strengthens the immune system
• improves memory, concentration, and learning ability
Maca in the jellied form is best for children.
Serve half a dose for adults (that is 3 g a day) during breakfast.
MACA – POPULAR AND NUTRITIOUS SNACK FOR SPORTSPEOPLE
• Maca helps with the proper and balanced development of muscles, improves the endurance without using any chemical substances, that might be harmful
or addictive. The effects it gives are fully natural, allowed, and safe.
• improves the physical fitness and endurance during high physical and mental strain during practice session
• has beneficial effect on the endurance and built of the muscle mass and bone mass of the user
• quickly restores the power after exhausting workout
• prevent the excessive usage of joints and tendons
• lowers the stress and anxiety of taking part in competition
• supports the proper growth of bones, tendons, and muscles during the growing up period for young sportspeople
• improves the immune system, supplies vitality and energy
Dr Walter Last , a German biochemist and a great enthusiast of the Peruvian herbs, used them with great success with sportspeople of “high achievement” (for example martial arts). As he wrote: “Their international success (that includes the championship of Europe), supports my belief that using the medical plants from the Amazonia (together with other, natural methods of biological regeneration) can eliminate the problem of reduced immunity (both general and on the cells level), with sportspeople of the high achievement.
No wonder that a plant with such a rich content and unique nutritious properties, enhancing, immune-stimulating, revitalizing, and also protective gained popularity all across the globe, obtaining the appreciation of WHO, and according to its regulation it is about to be popularized and spread all around the world. It has also been recognized by NASA, and incorporated into the everyday diet of the astronauts.
INCLUENCE OF THE MACA COLOR ON ITS PROPERTIES
MACA NERGA – MACA BLACK
The bulbs of Maca differ when it comes to skin color. The recent research showed that the color influences the qualities.
Apart from the properties typical to the plant, it has a stronger, beneficial impact on memory, concentration, brain functioning, and it supports the learning abilities. Both Negra and Roja Maca are a natural source of energy, they reduce tiredness, and boost the physical and mental strength, they improve the libido, fertility, and make the mood better.
FORMS OF MACA PREPARATION
In order for Maca to be well absorbed by the body it needs to be roasted, jellied, or in the form of an extract.
Roasted Maca is mainly recommended for people without any digestion issues, who want to strengthen the physical condition and also grow the muscle tissue.
Maca helatinizada – The Jellied Maca – it is shortly cooked under pressure, during that process a part of starch is removed. Because of that Maca becomes easier to digest, dissolve, and faster absorbs the nutritious components that it contains – therefore it works faster. This kind of Maca retains all its properties apart from growing the muscle tissue. Its absorption is above 98%. It is especially desired by people with sensitive digestive system. The jellied Maca is currently getting more and more popular.
One can also prepare an extract from Maca – that is a concentrate of different strength. They are mostly served in a very convenient form – that is in capsules.
USE AND MOST COMMON DOSAGE
According to experts the optimal daily dose of Maca is 5-7 g (one tea spoon). In the jellied form the dose can be bigger.
The proper amount of powder should be mixed with water, fruit juice, milk, or yoghurt. Drink during meals, best during breakfast. Children above 3 years one flat teaspoon.
Maca can also be added to condense soups or sauces. It can add to the taste op potato cakes, or for example potato soup, and give them new, interesting taste.
When it comes to capsule it depends whether the capsule contains extract or the powdered Maca.
Usually Maca is well absorbed by the body. However because the high content of fiber there is a chance that it can loosen the bowels. It happens so, because Maca activates the digestion system. When used for the first time try a smaller dose.