Replacement Filters Whole-Home Triple System 20" x 4.5"
The Aquarius Whole Home Triple Water Filter features a comprehensive three-stage system.
►Each filter lasts for up to 60,000 liters (depends on water quality) or 12 months of use on average.
►Simple twist-off housings and drop-and-go filter design for quick replacement.
►Stage 1: Sediment filter prevents coarse damaging contaminants like sand, rust, and dirt.
►Stage 2: Activated Carbon Block (ACB) captures chlorine, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, herbicides turbidity, and chemicals causing bad tastes and odors.
►Stage 3: Premium Filter (Aragon) features the latest technology in water filtration. This filter captures all the contaminants as the standard filter and captures heavy metal contaminants, viruses, bacteria, and parasites. This filter has been tested in laboratories worldwide proving its efficiency and extraordinary.
Suitable for large dwellings. Filters at up to 50 litres a minute.
Please read on for full details about how the filtering system can dramatically improve the quality of water throughout your home:
- High-capacity filtering system that attaches to the mainline and automatically cleans all water that flows into your home.
- Dramatically reduces (and in some cases entirely removes) impurities and hardness, including suspended particles, chlorine, heavy metals including lead, zinc and cadmium, pesticides and petroleum products, iron and aluminium, plus the taste and colour is improved.
- Bottom line - the triple filter system ensures you get much healthier, better-tasting water, with the majority of hardness removed, while keeping beneficial minerals in the water (some other filtering systems remove the good along with the bad, so you end up with tasteless water that has no beneficial minerals left in it).
- This means you benefit from healthier water for hot and cold drinks, and for cooking.
- Plus, you benefit by solving the problem of limescale build-up once and for all. This means no more limescale on taps, in the kettle, in your washing machine, in pipes, in your boiler - plus - it makes "streak free" cleaning of your home so much easier.
- And, when washing, cleaner, softer water is healthier for the skin and hair of every member of your household!
- The unit achieves this through the application of three types of filtering -- Mechanical Cleaning to get rid of particles in the water, Ion-Exchange to remove the majority of impurities and hardness, and Soption Cleaning to improve colour, taste, odour, and remove further impurities.
- This powerful filtering system does require a level of comfort in plumbing. If that doesn't describe you, we recommend you use a plumber.
- This system is made up of a high-quality container. This holds the filtration cartridge. And - we feel so confident about the quality of this product we support it with a three year warranty.
- This supports cleaning water up to a maximum of 50 litres a minute and of course can handle both cold and hot water.
- Our filtering cartridges have a surprisingly long life. This again depends on the model you choose, up to a maximum of 50,000 litres before it requires replacing. This on average means one cartridge will last your household a year.
- And importantly, it will be crystal clear when the cartridge needs replacing since water will no longer flow through at speed. This is unlike many competitor systems that continue to feed water through even when they're no longer cleaning the water. So unlike such products, no guesswork is needed for choosing the right time to replace the filtering cartridge!
Now, the water filtering process uses three technologies to remove impurities and hardness from your water:
STEP 1 - MECHANICAL CLEANING
What this means is suspended particles like rust are removed from the water. Depending how clean, or not... how old, or new... the pipes coming into (and around) your home are, impacts what ends up in your water.
Perhaps on the journey into your home, the water travels down a rusty pipe. Could some of that rust make its way into your water?
Now, however high quality the water infrastructure is in your area, it's difficult to know exactly what sort of plumbing the water is travelling through.
However, let's be clear - we're certainly not trying to scare you! We don't believe in scaremongering. But it is a fact of life that some pipes get old, and so impurities sometimes sneak into water.
So that's why we're proud to offer the Typhoon. In fact, we believe it should be part of every single home, since we feel strongly that truly clean and healthy water is everyone's right.
The Typhoon system will work for you automatically, helping to keep the water all around your home healthy and fresh, and will solve a lot of the problems you may be experiencing because of limescale (you'll never have to use a Calgon tablet again!).
So this mechanical cleaning part of the process removes such solid impurities as rust, even down to five microns (more accurately referred to as micrometers). 5 μm if we're going to get technical!
And if you consider a typical hair is 50 microns, this part of the filtering process removes solid impurities from the water many times smaller than the width of a human hair. And that's just step one!...
STEP TWO - ION-EXCHANGE CLEANING
Now, "ion exchange" is certainly a rather technical term. And we're fairly confident the vast majority of our customers (and future customers) that visit this site aren't scientists. So rather than bamboozle you with scientific-sounding words that serve no purpose but to make us sound clever, let's keep it straightforward...
This part of the process uses our powerful "Aragon 3" filtering material. How exactly does that benefit you? Well...
This material is specially formulated and works to allow water to pass through it, but "traps and holds" the vast majority of impurities.
Maybe think of it as an incredibly complicated maze. The water just passes right through, but the chlorine, the iron, the heavy metals, bacteria and viruses... they all reach dead ends, and get stuck in the maze for good. So clean, healthy water gets past this step, and what isn't clean and healthy water, doesn't!
Plus, through extensive testing we discovered this part of the filtering process also removed the vast majority of hardness from the water. In fact, what this approach does is turn "bad calcium" that creates limescale build up, into "good calcium" called Aragonite (hence the Aragon 3 name).
Aragonite is easily absorbed into the body, and doesn't create limescale build up in pipes and appliances. So you get the benefits of calcium in your water, without the many (and often expensive) drawbacks of hard water.
STEP THREE - SORPTION CLEANING
Yes, we know this is another phrase that isn't particularly helpful or easy to understand. But in a nutshell - this part of the filtering process uses a combination of activated charcoal along with silver to further remove impurities and hardness from the water.
And it's certainly true that many water filters offered by our competitors use activated charcoal too. There's a reason for that - it works! In fact, charcoal has been used for filtering impurities for many centuries.
Of course, this part of the filtering process is just one of three. Taken altogether, these three steps dramatically improve the quality of your water. And our patented, exclusive, powerful filtering material Aragon 3 (step two of this process - detailed above) is unique to our filters, and we believe cleans your water more effecti