- 100% pure organically Fiji grown –
Banaban Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is 100% pure premium grade oil manufactured the way Islanders have valued this oil for centuries. It comes from a totally organic area in Fiji and is extracted from fresh coconut (not copra derived). No chemicals or additives are used during the processing. The end-product is a quality oil which is higher in lauric and caprylic acid levels (approx 54% and 7.5% respectively) compared with other virgin coconut oils on the market.
Banaban Extra Virgin Coconut Oilis free of chemicals, including fertilizers, herbicides and food additives in the growing and processing of the product, as confirmed by our ‘GUARANTEED ORGANIC’ logo that appears on all our pure Virgin Coconut Oil products.
Fiji is not an industrialized nation and the preservation of Fiji’s pristine environment is also a major part of the Company’s focus. The processing plant runs on steam power generated from coconut bio-fuel which is part of the overall manufacturing process and also includes the use of ‘environmentally friendly’ export packaging.
Banaban Extra Virgin Coconut Oilis then shipped in bulk to Nature Pacific’s Australian facility where it is bottled, formulated and manufactured under strict Australian (AQIS) and food grade standards before being distributed throughout Australia and exported worldwide.
In Australia, Banaban Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is currently not only one of the highest quality coconut oils available in the marketplace but is also by far the best value as well. In addition, by buying Banaban Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, you are not only getting a high quality coconut oil at a low price, but you are also assisting the Banaban people (or the‘forgotten people’ of the Pacific) to build a better future.
Many people avoid coconut oil because it’s saturated fat, however plant saturated fats are not dangerous and possess many healing properties. Coconut oil is known to help alleviate thyroid disease, obesity, poor digestion function and increase your immunity as the Virgin Coconut Oil is a Medium Fatty Acid Chain. It'll kill the unfriendly bacteria only - leave the friendly bacteria alone.
(Ref: The Healing Miracles of Coconut Oil by Fife)
Nutritional / Medicinal Benefits
- Easy digestibility and absorbability
- Contains Vitamin E
- Does not contain cholesterol
- Reduced fat accumulation in body
- Easily oxidized and therefore a preferred energy source
- Requires no transport system to absorb, digest and metabolize
- Very low content of Omega 6 fatty acid
- Helps maintain healthy ratio of Omega 6 to Omega 3 fatty acids
- Rich content of lauric acid
- Contains 6-8 per cent monounsaturated oleic acid
- Inhibitory effect against certain chemical carcinogens
- Superior antigenotoxic activity
Suggested Used for Virgin Coconut Oil
1. Cooking - Coconut oil is a delicious health cooking oil and is the ONLY oil that is not damaged by cooking. Most people think extra-virgin olive oil, which is a monounsaturated fat and works great as a salad dressing, is the best oil to cook with. However due to its chemical structure, cooking makes it susceptible to oxidative damage.
And polyunsaturated fats, which include common vegetable oils such as safflower, sunflower and canola, are absolutely the worst oils to use in cooking. These omega-6 oils are highly susceptible to heat damage. I strongly urge you to throw out those omega-6 vegetable oils in your cabinets. Why?
Firstly, heating these oils destroys the antioxidants and as such oxidizes the oils. Secondly, they contribute to the overabundance of omega-6 fats in your diet. The imbalance of the omega-6 to omega-3 fats contributes to many health concerns.
There is only one oil that is stable enough to resist heat damage, while it also helps you promote heart health, maintain normal cholesterol levels and even supports weight loss — coconut oil.
So, whenever you need an oil to cook with, use coconut oil instead of butter, olive oil, vegetable oil, margarine, or any other type of oil called for in recipes. Even though I don’t fully recommend frying foods, if you must fry, you must use coconut oil — it’s your smartest choice.
2. Weight Loss - to detox the body and lose weight, take 1 to 2 tablespoons in the morning.
Coconut oil helps raise the body’s temperature, and this in turn contributes to weight loss. In our culture, many people suffer from thyroid dysfunction and some are overweight due to these low thyroid conditions. This leads to lowered metabolic function. Coconut oil helps boost the metabolism by raising the body’s temperature, which in turn means you have more energy. With this increased energy, your exercise and movement ability can get a boost; all of a sudden, you feel like moving around more. You might find yourself walking every day, taking more trips to the gym, and this movement furthers your weight loss capacity.
3. Massage Oil or Face Mask
Massage Oil:Apply to your body liberally as needed. For dry lines around your eyes, apply a small amount and massage it in.
Face Mask:Take 1 medium size ripe avocado (dry skin) or peach (normal skin), peeled, cleaned, and segmented (meaty part only). Put in microwave for 1 or 2 minutes until soft. Mesh with a fork. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons (more or less as appropriate) of virgin coconut oil to the cooked avocado or peach and stir. Mix in uncooked oats (up to 1 cup) until the mixture forms a thick consistency. Apply the facial mixture to your face, dry lines around your eyes, and neck. Avoid direct contact with your eyes. Leave mixture for 10 minutes. Rinse well with cool water.
3. Rash - spread virgin coconut oil on the allergic area on the skin to make it soft and supple, with intense moisture and healing. The rash will be gone in 1 to 3 days. Virgin coconut oil is effective in curing the baby rash or any red rash caused by clothes irritation and dry weather.
4. Candida Fungus - Coconut Oil fights candida fungus very well which is generally found on the skin, mucous membranes of the mouth, intestinal tract and vagina and that may become pathogenic. Mix 1 tablespoon of oil in distilled water, shake well and drink it or apply the oil on the infected area.
5. Sores, Cuts and Abrasions - clean affected area thoroughly and apply the oil on top of it. In order to make sure the oil clean up the wound completely and stop infection, apply and saturate the bandage with oil. Then wrap around the wound with the bandage.