- 70% of all Elimination happens through the lungs in the form of gases and tiny particles
- Deep breathing has a massaging effect on the internal organs
- Correct inspiration and expiration is essential to healthy digestion. (Again the expansion of the lung cavity helps to massage internal organs including the intestines.)
- An abundant supply of fresh air provides your blood cells with the oxygen they need to function properly. Healthy cells should be receiving 98-99% O2 saturation – when you get lower than that, you’re asking for trouble.
- Lack of oxygen in blood cells has been linked to the formation of cancerous cells.
In 1931 Otto Heinrich Warburg won the Nobel Peace Prize for proving that cancerous cells were caused by a lack of oxygen respiration. Here’s what Dr Warburg had to say:
“The cause of cancer is no longer a mystery, we know it occurs whenever any cell is denied 60% of its oxygen requirements.”
“Cancer, above all other diseases, has countless secondary causes. But, even for cancer, there is only one prime cause.
Summarized in a few words, the prime cause of cancer is the replacement of the respiration of oxygen in normal body cells by a fermentation of sugar. All normal body cells meet their energy needs by respiration of oxygen, whereas cancer cells meet their energy needs in great part by fermentation. All normal body cells are thus obligate aerobes, whereas all cancer cells are partial anaerobes.”
Good breathing is something that we all need to focus on more. It could be the easiest way for us to improve our health and prevent any problems down road.