Number 1 Cause: dehydration.
Number 1 Food: red potato.
When the body is low on water, it tries to conserve it and the lungs are one of the main areas that lose water as it vaporizes and leaves the body in the process of breathing.
Regulation of water conservation is one of the little known functions of histamine. The increased histamines, trying to conserve moisture loss, cause chronic inflammation in lung tissue. The lungs muscular performance constricts making it hard to breathe, signalling you to drink more water!
Antihistamines from the drug companies open bronchial tubes, making it temporarily easier to breathe, but they are simply suppressing the body’s extreme cry for water and re-hydration with extreme side effects like cardiovascular collapse, tremors, seizures, sleep apnea and reduced mental alertness.
Instead of always reaching for an inhaler, sit down, be calm and drink two glasses of water instead. Keep your inhalers with you but use it less and less and drink water more and more throughout the day.
The 4 Levels of Holistic Healing for Asthma
1. Physical Level
Chronic dehydration and salt imbalance.
When you first wake up each money drink 500 -700ml of water with a pinch of good quality Sea Salt. Salt is vital for the clearance of the lungs of mucus and sticky phlegm, particularly in asthma.
Throughout the day increase your water intake slowly until you can easily drink 1 litre of water for every 25kg of your body weight. eg drink 3 litres for a 75kg person
Here are some more physical actions to take:
- People who have asthma seem to really benefit from Swimming because the activity allows them to breathe humidified air.
- Asthma, lung problems and congestion can be healed if you’ll breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth while walking for 20-30 minutes a day.
- Licorice (not from a candy store) is famous for its ability to heal asthma and bronchitis. Real licorice looks like a root and is slightly sweet. The active ingredients are glycyrrhizin and glycyrrhetic acid and are good for inflammation, virus, bacteria, allergy and asthmatic overwhelm. Try drinking it as a herbal tea.
- Have Peppermint Essential Oil handy to waft under the nose 6-7 times a day for 1 minute at a time or try Don’s Breathe Ez Nasal Spray
- Snack on thinly sliced raw red potatoes or drink 1/2 cup juiced each day
Try this Breathe Easy Juice recipe Juice It!
2. Emotional Level
Feeling stifled, suppressed, smothered or guilty.
If you are feeling this way in your life then take a look at where in your life you stifle, suppress or smother others. Do you lay the guilt trip on others? When you change the way you treat others the way others treat you will change.
Orange wholefoods support the release of toxic stored emotions in the respiratory system. Juice up a combination of orange foods like carrots, oranges, rock melon, mango, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, apricots and drink each day.
3. Mental Level
“As I take charge charge of my own life I feel safe and free. I am tolerant and excepting.”
Sit or lay down in a comfortable space where you will not be disturbed for 10 -15 mins. Close your eyes and remember a time in your life where you felt tolerant and excepting. Try to recall what it felt like to BE tolerant and excepting and hold that feeling for a long as you can.
If you cannot remember a time in your own life where you felt tolerant and excepting then think of someone you see as tolerant and excepting and imagine being with them and feeling what it would be like to BE tolerant and excepting.